GEOMAT Inc. is seeking a mid-level engineering candidate for its geotechnical engineering department in Farmington, NM. GEOMAT is a locally owned engineering business with an excellent reputation and offers competitive pay with good benefits.
The ideal candidate will have an educational background or work experience in geotechnical engineering. The ideal candidate has good interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be mentored by senior engineering staff while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Perform geotechnical field investigations and periodic construction materials testing.
- Perform basic support and design engineering computations, for foundation design, slope stability, etc. under the guidance of a senior engineer.
- Prepare geotechnical design reports under the guidance of a senior engineer.
- Travel to project sites primarily in NM, AZ, and CO. Occasional overnight stays will be required.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Geotechnical or Geological Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 5+ years relevant engineering experience. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Hard working attitude, self-motivated, and good written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites. Approximately 30% of work will be in the field.
- Physical requirements may require lifting up to 50 pounds and traversing over rugged terrain.
- Must pass drug test and have a satisfactory driving record.